Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Garden Work Party- Part of the Dream....

     One of the quotes from our spring "dreaming" workshop included the following: "Working together like a colony of ants" or some-such. I definitely felt the "antiness" on Saturday, when a large group of villagers came together to move earth and stone, plant, ply with brownies and ginger lemonade, and all in all have a good time in the process. Some of us dug heavy clay (where are the ceramics mavens when you need them!?),some planted trees, some toted wheelbarrows of soil, compost, and mulch, and some did a wonderful job of planning and directing us worker ants. Particularly as I was hauling clay in one direction, then compost back in the other direction, I experienced the collective work of creating our anthill home. 

   All worked cheerfully and well, and I offer a particular shout out to the gals, many in our "later decades", who kicked ass in the heavy lifting department.(Should I be more delicate, language-wise?) I am proud to be part of such a sisterhood...

I'm sorry that I don't have an accompanying picture, but someone else will, soon, I hope. I hear that rocks were placed this week as well, and I look forward to seeing the continually developing landscape of our home. Soon, many of us will be moving home at last. I am grateful for the joy of our friendship and common purpose.
Gratitude also to the Brownie Fairies and other folks who feed us in heart and body.

No comments:

Post a Comment